Baby Sam is due in December!

having a baby

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Am I, or Aren't I? (updated)

This waiting is driving me CRAZY!!! I am obsessing about every single twinge, every feeling, every ITCH--I can't stop. I spend countless hours scouring the internet for early pregnancy symptoms, and what I have learned is this: if you search hard enough, the internet will provide SOMEONE to claim that ANYTHING is an early symptom of being knocked up.

Here are some of the more realistic symptoms I have found that I DO have:

  • Elevated temp? Check. I'm sweating like a pig, and Billy's going to KILL me when he sees the AC bill!
  • Acne? Check. I look like a teenager (and not in a good way).
  • Intermittent abdominal cramps? Check. But these could also mean AF is on her way.
  • Weird cravings? Check. I ate buttered spaghetti noodles for breakfast today--all I could stomach.
  • Periods of deep night sleep interrupted by periods of wakefulness? Check. 3 a.m. seems to be the magic hour; I have awakened the past three nights at this time.
  • Fatigue? Check. I can't keep my eyes open past 9 p.m. (except for when I wake up at 3, of course!).
  • Sore throat? Check. A weird one, I know, but I saw it listed a lot; and sure enough, I have one. Go figure.
  • And, of course, there are the TMI symptoms I won't elaborate on. Just know that there are some.

My biggest problem at this point is that most of this stuff could also be caused by the progesterone shots I am still taking, or PMS, which would mean I am definitely NOT pregnant.

I am continuing to hold out on the POAS, but it's getting really hard, even though I know it's still too early. I know for a fact I will do it Friday morning before my blood test, just so I have an idea of what to expect. Plus, I really love my nurse Gloria, and I want to spare her the discomfort of listening to my nervous breakdown if she has to deliver bad news.

Which she WON'T...I'm determined to stay positive.

Crazy and obsessive, but POSITIVE.

UPDATE: It's 3 p.m., and I just returned from CVS, where I purchased milk, apple juice, and a two-pack of First Responses. I SWEAR I will wait until at least Thursday (I only have two tests, after all.) Stay tuned...

No comments: